rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Got 2016 outback and cant find the hood release, 2016

Customer Question

Got 2016 outback and cant find the hood release
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Subaru. The Subaru Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2016 outback. where is the hood release?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking for hood release
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Subaru Mechanic should know about your Subaru?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Subaru Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

That is too new for me to have information on, but try the owners manual first, then look in the glove box and at the kick panel low to high side of the panel. Also, look at the section where your knees face when your sitting in the seat at the underside of that panel.

Thanks, Ron