Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, 32 Years, Foreign.Domestic, Diagnostic Specialist
13677702

Another stupid do it yourselfer trying to change oil on my

Customer Question

Another stupid do it yourselfer trying to change oil on my 2013 subaru XV. I drained the cvt fluid.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to put the oil back in. How? Or is that possible. Heard there is a fill plug somewhere.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Randall C replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I have attached a file showing how/wher to refill, The thing is, you will need a hand fluid pump to do so, You can get them at parts stores, It has a hose on the end to pump in the fluid, Must use correct fluid. I would prefer to see you use the Subaru fluid as this is same as in the trans and will intermix, Valvoline makes a CVT fluid, I think Mobile as well can be used as well but my .02 is correct Subaru fluid to be safe

here is the link

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't tell where the filler plug is on diagram
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
driver side ..... passenger side and is it a 10mm hex?

drivers side, you can just see the starter in the diagram and the switch plugs on the side, I cant remember but yes, I think 10mm