tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

2007 Subaru Tribeca was vomited on. The front passenger side

Customer Question

Hello. 2007 Subaru Tribeca was vomited on. The front passenger side mostly on floor but also got on control panel area. Now the HVAC and heated seats do not work. What do you think?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 9 months ago.

Hi,The panel sounds like it has been shorted out, does anything display on the unit? do lights appear to show heated seats have been activated

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
On the panel the radio seems to completely function, the temp control system is illuminated but with some sort of default screen with dots and some symbol to the right. No lights on the heated seat and the complete lower array ( auto , mode, AC , etc.). . Oh and the defrost front and back both do not functop
Expert:  tamaz replied 9 months ago.

I've seen this before, I can suggest a couple things , if it has been cleaned recently give it a opportunity to" dry out" ,there have been many success stories the other is to replace the panel with a refurbished one ,the price is steep about $350 not including labor, I suggest to give it some time ,park in the sun,or i can give you instructions to remove itto let it dry indoors,I believe you have a good chance of seeing it return to normal ,thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok I will try heating it up for a good while. Thanks
Expert:  tamaz replied 9 months ago.

No, problem, have patience and good luck!