tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I have a 2015 Impreza and the electrical system doesn't seem

Customer Question

My name is***** have a 2015 Impreza and the electrical system doesn't seem to be working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No sound when I turn the key, no lights, key doesn't lock or unlock the car etc
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 9 months ago.

Hi Patty,it sounds as if the battery is dead, is there anyway you can get a jump start?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can call aaa
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've only had the car for 6 months, is this normal
Expert:  tamaz replied 9 months ago.

Great ,give them a call,if the car has less than 36,000 it is still covered under factory warranty you may want to have it towed to the dealer to have them check it out,it may need a battery or a charge, they will connect it to a tester to fully test it,hope this helps,thanks

Expert:  tamaz replied 9 months ago.

No it's not a normal condition but the battery may not be accepting a charge ,something may have been left on or something is still running after the key is off causing a drain,a full inspection at the dealer will take place to determine what the cause is though,thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  tamaz replied 9 months ago.

No problem Patty,did you get it to the dealer or did AAA just jump start the battery?