Joe Prestia
Joe Prestia,
Experience:  Lead Automotive Tech at Belle Tire
92135077

2002 Subaru vibration at red light
, it vibrates in

Customer Question

2002 Subaru vibration at red light
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it vibrates in gear with brake on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 9 months ago.

Have you, by chance, had any on the c/v shafts replaced recently. I had this issue once after installing aftermarket c/v shafts. Factory reman shafts took care of the problem. If not let me know so I can opt out and open it up to the other techs!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is a car I'm thinking of buying
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2002 Subaru forester 68000 miles

I wouldn't be surprised if they've been replaced at this point. In my part of the country mid 50k range is when the boots start to dry out on the factory units. Take a look underneath if they look new I think that's probably your cause. If not let me know so I can opt out and let the other techs laugh at my suggestion. I swear it happens though! I think the aftermarket ones supplied to me that time were a couple of milimeters too long. If that wasn't the case I have no idea why it happened but putting factory parts back in it took care of the problem.

Did you decide not to get that subaru you were looking at buying? I hope I can still count on you for a positive review! If you need anything else please let me know!