FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2006 Subaru Tribute ,he last 11 months it has een

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Subaru Tribute for t,he last 11 months it has b een in the shop once a month with CEL/flashing cruise/Hazard light. We have replaced all plugs/coils because the code reads cylinder 2 misfire . I get it repaired and 150 ***** ***** later they come back- but today it idled rough and upon acceleration the CEL flashed for 30 seconds and the car hesitate it even out but did it again a little later- all lights on again- i am hardcore subbie-but I am done-????
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: only that I know several peope with outbacks this same year having the same issues and we are all exhausted by it!!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. You need to do a compression test on the engine. The most common cause of this is a valve seat problem. There is a common issue where the valve seat burns slightly and the valve has intermittent trouble seating and sealing causing the misfire and the lights to come on. If the compression is tested hot and cold and is fine then it may be an injector problem but that is not as common. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information.