Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, 32 Years, Foreign.Domestic, Diagnostic Specialist
13677702

Subroto
, Yes, I have 2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 with

Customer Question

Customer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, I have 2005 Subaru Outback 3.0 with automatic CC. vent system stopped working a few days back. Display shows all everything is turned on. Took apart glove box etc.blower fan starting and shutting off. disconnected from power and measured power supply, There is power and motor is good.Air filter in cabin is brand new no dirt etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Randall C replied 10 months ago.

Hello, sorry for the delay, Can you reword the problem? are you saying the blower is not working?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Randy yes, the blower fan is turning on and off. So I took the glove box apart to reach to the cabin filter and the blower fan underneath it.
I replaced the air filter, which was a bit dirty but not plugged. Disconnected the blower fan/motor unit and unscrewed from its mount. Tested motor to be working and also power is there in the power line, tested with multi tester.
When motor is hooked to power it turns on for a second and then shuts off. Tested with new motor exact same problem.Thanks in advance,Customer###) ###-####

can you reword what you mean by blower turns on/off? I am confused on that, also, you are saying it is the blower not working correct that needs to be repaired?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Item 1. Problem: Heater/AC fan does not turn on, even though the fast/slow(hi speed/low speed) when pressed displays the graphical bar graph hi/low, the AC pump/compressor kicks --easily audible.Item 2. Problem. I took everything apart and tested the motor and found it to be working on its own when hooked to dc power supply. Also the power connection cable has power. So blower motor is fine.Where else do I need to check to find out what is wrong?
I can call you if this easier for you.Thanks in advance,Customer(###) ###-####

blower does NOT work off power supply to it, you will always have 12 volts to the blower, so we dont need to go that direction, I will pull some diagrams, back shortly

since you have power to blower? relays and fuses are good, You said blower works when jumped, Controls seem? to be working ok on dash so,,after reviewing diagrams etc? I feel you have a bad blower motor resistor, It is mounted along side of the blower motor as shown in the link I included. Now,, if this is not the problem? then the control panel could? be bad on blower controls. This would be rare but possible so,, I lean tot he resistor