john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech
6149662

2008 Subaru imptezza sport windshield wipers quit

Customer Question

2008 Subaru imptezza sport windshield wipers quit intermittently can usu turn switch off and on a few times and they start again but not for long . Had my bushings and supposedly diodes cleaned and lubricated worked for about a month then forgot to turn wipers off before turning car off which started the problem again It can't be reproduced in the shop so they aren't sure what it is ie electrical switch motor etc so my extended warrenty won't pay til they pinpoint it. It seems a small diagnostic tool could be attached to the circuit board so that when it happens it could be flagged.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 10 months ago.

when it acts up how long will it stop working?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
from 5-10 min and just now 23 miles of driving

sound like a worn motor check power to the motor when this happens if its getting power the motor is failed

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How could it be failed if occasionally will work is there a way to check this ie output of motor or does it need to be actively happening to check it my luck is I bring it in and it works. Also how to make sure it's not in the switch

the motor gets hot.. but yes the only way to test is when its acting up...but the description is 99.5 percnt a failed motor

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could it be the switch how to tell the difference