Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Can the bracket supporting the OBD port be relocated?

Customer Question

Customer: Can the bracket supporting the OBD port be relocated? Forester 2016.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I hit the bracket with my left foot all the time. It is very uncomfortable during long drive.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Subaru Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). No experts here are Just Answer employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We are independent contractors, only paid when you rate our answer.

There are no directions or alternate areas to provide since that is not a normal repair procedure. Though the answer is yes, you can move it wherever needed. You can even hide it if you want. It just needs to be solid mounted and where a tech can access it to plug into it.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you do not see the rating scale, or are new and confused, let me know.

I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.