tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Need to get passenger side door panel off to replace side

Customer Question

Need to get passenger side door panel off to replace side mirror assembly on a 2015 premium subaru outback
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi, to remove panel you will need to remove 1 screw in door release handle there is a small cover to remove to access it , there is one more screw in the door armrest also behind access cover once these screws are removed the panel is only held on by clips you can now pull the panel away gently to release the clips.The mirror assembly is held in place by 3 bolts,thanks for your time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Screws had been removed and applied outward force to panel did not release it. That is why I sought additional info for techniques to "unclip" panel!
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Where are you pulling the panel from, I usually start in the area where door and fender meet,I usually can wedge my fingers between the panel and door to start releasing the clips one by one