Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

, Yes, just finished changing head gaskets on a 2011

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, just finished changing head gaskets on a 2011 outback. started for the first time and got P0082. Did some tests and found the oil switching solenoid valve is dead for some reason. The check engine light is on with cruise and brake flashing. Is it normal that I can't release the electric parking brake if I have a check engine light ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Subaru Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P0082 is an electrical code, not a function code, for the Oil Switching Solenoid Valve LH usually set due to a wiring concern. Start with checking the wiring and the connection to it. Measure the Oil Switching Solenoid Valve on the left side for resistance. Connector E70 (Blue) with a Blue/White and a Green/White wires. The solenoid should measure between 5 and 12 ohms. It is consider normal for the cruise light to flash when a code is set in the system. I have not seen the break light and or parking break be affected by a fault code setting. I would get the fault code addressed and corrected and then recheck the operation of the other issues.