Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

I just googled 2006 ll bean relay map and your scanned image

Customer Question

Customer: I just googled 2006 ll bean relay map and your scanned image popped up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a p2138 code. Calls for a TPS. TPS is built in to the throttle assembly. Just ran to the dealer and bought another one. They sold me 2 extra relays and said I should replace them at the same time. I am looking for the map that tells me which ones they are. They are not in my owners manual.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Subaru Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I guess this is an automated response instead of a live guy. But yes, I am willing to pay for map if I can get a quick answer.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 Outback LL Bean wagon 3.0r 5spd Auto. VIN 4s4bp86c064313275.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Couldn't wait any longer. I had to put it back together without changing relays. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P2138 is for the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor when the outputs are dissimilar and not usually caused by a failing Throttle body and or any relays and in most cases the fix to repair this code is to replace the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor. This is a very common failure as well on the Outback as well. I have enclose the steps in the link below to test the APP as well. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/APP%20test%20Jan%2017.pdf

See the location in the link below as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/APP%20location%20Jan%2017.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I already knew that the accelerator pedal and sensor solved the immediate problem. My question was. What are the 2 relays that the dealer suggested I install at the same time? I need help identifying which relays I need to replace since I don't have a map for the dash relays nor the under hood relays. Brian
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

There are no relays in the system for this code so I do not know what relay they are referring to. If replacing the pedal and sensor solved the problem you should be good to go.