Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

I drive a 1995 Subaru Impreza. My low beams were not working

Customer Question

I drive a 1995 Subaru Impreza. My low beams were not working tonight when I drove home. My interior lights and interior lights worked fine. I replaced one of the headlights in September.
What might cause this? I had my oil changed at a local chain on Wednesday; could anything have been done to affect my lights in that?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with making sure both low beam bulbs are okay and not blown. If they check okay then there are two fuse to check located in the under hood fuse panel that you need to check, they are the #24 and the #26 fuses. I have also enclosed the wiring diagram for reference in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Its not likely the oil changed has any thing to do with this unless they knocked something loose in the circuit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Headlamp%20Jan%2016.pdf