tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

My son just installed a new battery in s 2000 Suburu

Customer Question

My son just installed a new battery in his 2000 Suburu Forrester his signal lights keep flashing on about every 10 seconds even when the keys and ignition iare off.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 10 months ago.

Hi, the vehicle is equipped with a keyless entry system that must be reset,there are 2 ways, if the you have the original key fob just press either lock/unlock to stop the signal lights if not turn the ignition to on(engine off) under the dash close top where your left foot would rest there is a black reset/programming buton just press once to stop the lights ,thanks for your time

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It didn't work pressed button still doing same thing doesn't have original key.
Expert:  tamaz replied 10 months ago.

is the key in the on position while this is done? The module may be shorted out also, the module is located in the same area as the button ,disconnect it there are i believe 3 plugs on the module and it is black