Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

My 1999 Subaru Forester brake lights and parking lights stay

Customer Question

My 1999 Subaru Forester brake lights and parking lights stay on after turning the ignition key off. I've never had this problem before.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

Check the rocker switch on the top of the steering column. Sometimes this switch get's bumped on, and even though it looks like the hazard switch on most cars, on a Subaru it turns on the parking lights.

Please check it and let me know.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 10 months ago.

I wanted to mention also that when you reconnect the battery these same lights might flash. If they do let me know and we will reset the security system for you as well.