peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Another strange battery disconnect issue w/subaru Car was

Customer Question

Another strange battery disconnect issue w/subaru
Car was running just fine; I replaced battery as a precaution; brand new red-top optima, didn't try it out, just put it on the charger till 100%. Next day, wouldn't start. Gages all lit up like normal, no crank at all. Put on low charger again, 10 mins, started fine. Ran fine for a couple of days, including a 6.5 hour trip. Sat in cold for two days, same problem (no crank). Daughter noticed head/tail lights flashing a couple of hours later (hazards were not on), stopped when unlocked w/fob.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a low voltage issue and if the battery cables and connections are clean and tight there is a chance that the battery that was installed is defective needing replaced again.I would have the battery tested by the facility you purchased it from to see if for sure it needs replaced then the battery replaced if found to be the fault here for sure.If you have another battery to try out try it and see if it works properly then and if it does then the battery you installed needs replaced and should be at no cost to you under parts warranty.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete