Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Subaru Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Subaru Diagnostics
18617752

2006 legacy heater problem- heat on, hot on drivers side,

Customer Question

2006 legacy heater problem- heat on, hot on drivers side , cold on the passenger side
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

When the temp output is only correct on one side of the dash, this can be due to a faulty Air Mix Actuator. This is the motor that turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to switch between heat and A/C as commanded by the control panel. The passenger's side actuator is located behind the glove box, mounted to the side of the HVAC housing. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, remove the actuator and turn the door pin by hand. The temp output should now be correct. If not, the problem lies internal of the HVAC housing. It will need to be removed, opened and repaired as needed. If the output is now correct, replace the Air Mix Actuator. For an image view of tghe actuator location, click here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wdr64bkda5lcsrz/sub-act.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra, it allows me to be credited for my time. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check-in with you and see how you made out. Did you have any other questions in regards ***** ***** issue?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 11 months ago.

..