Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  35 years experience in the automotive and Lt truck repair business, owner Cardoctor LLC Guthrie, OK
36867192

I have an automated trunk on my 2015 Subaru Outback. It will

Customer Question

Customer: I have an automated trunk on my 2015 Subaru Outback. It will only partially open. When I push the button it goes down, but only opens part-way.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I went through a car wash, & it happened when I got home. We do have 28 degree weather today.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Subaru Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No. Thanks. I'll do a little more research on my own first. I'm thinking after it dries out a bit, it will be okay.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 11 months ago.

Most likely water got into the trunk mechanism and has frozen, pull vehicle inside a garage and allow it to thaw and it will most likely go back to normal, if not the ice has somehow damaged the mechanism. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after the rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.