tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Replaced rear lock actuator on my outback, the problem is

Customer Question

replaced rear lock actuator on my outback, the problem is intermitant still, the rear defroster works slower than usual, is this maybe voltage regulator going bad or wiring, how do you figure out wich one?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm unsure of the year of your vehicle it's not listed, let me know the year so I can better help you,thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2006 outback legacy
Expert:  tamaz replied 11 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** starting in 2005 -09 had many rear gate electrical problems all steming from the wiring harness that passes through the body to the gate,the area that the boot covering the wires is where wires break and stretch causing intermittent problems and constant no operation of locks,defroster,lights,radio reception etc..basically anything in the rear gate area.Remove this boot from the body and the gate and look closely at the wiring you'll need to really stretch the boot to see all the wires covered by this boot to discover your problem.Thanks.