Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 2002 WRX and am having a headlight issue. The

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2002 WRX and am having a headlight issue. The headlights work normally in DRL but when I try to switch to low beam, the high beams come on, switch to high and every remains the same; so I can't get low beams (or fog lights, since that relay is on the RH high beam circuit)....
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What additional details would you like? I've tried replacing the bulbs, both the underhood LH and RH relays, both the DRL and High beam relays under the glove box, and the light switching stalk; no improvement or change...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Subaru Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll gladly pay if it works. Also, while checking the underhood relays I came across differences in the LH and RH voltages I had questions about
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I need to get the 17 digit vin number so that I can pull the correct wiring diagrams and need to know if yours has HID or halogen headlights

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JF1GD29642G508588 and I just have the stock Sylvania halogens (9007's).
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

The only thing you have not replaced that could be causing this is the DRL control module