tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

1997 Subaru Legacy. Tail lights (both sides) are out. I had

Customer Question

Customer: 1997 Subaru Legacy. Tail lights (both sides) are out. I had them replaced at garage this morning and they were working. When I took the car out again a couple of hours later they were no longer lighting up.\
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We may be out of sync here. I think I told you everything.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Subaru Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 11 months ago.

Hi , are you aware if the front marker lamps are operating also? If they are not operating there is most likely a blown fuse that controls this circuit. If they are operating, although it seems unlikely, the bulbs or sockets are at fault and a return visit to the garage is necessary.Thanks for your time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is the marker lamp the Parking Light?
Expert:  tamaz replied 11 months ago.

Yes,sorry for the confusion

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The Parking Lights are working. So, I guess it's a trip back to the garage to have them check the sockets. They've already replaced the bulbs.
Expert:  tamaz replied 11 months ago.

Hi, a return visit is necessary then,there may be a fault in the taillight relay also may be causing this,it just seems a little odd that they would operate then go out again,thanks for your time please let me know if you need further assistance with this matter,thanks