tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I have a 2010 legasy, I've had to change low beam bulbs

Customer Question

I have a 2010 legasy, I've had to change low beam bulbs every 6 months, what could be causing this? Both seem to be burning out at the same time. I wear gloves so oil from hand won'T transfer. I have never had to change high beams. Could it be because whenever car is running lights are automatic on? Many vehicles have this feature and yet do not have this problem
Please help me figure this out, I am a retired veteran and live on a fixed income.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 12 months ago.

Hi,this has been a ongoing problem with this year and model ,one thing that should not be overlooked is the charging system if the system is overcharging even slightly you'll see less bulb life,so its important to have this checked out.When this vehicle was first introduced we were putting bulbs in left and right at very low mileage ,Subaru changed vendors and the problem seemed to disappear ,cheap bulbs or should I say poorly manufactured bulbs were a big problem so I would say if the charging system checks out you may want to buy a pair of bulbs from the dealer for better results.One more thing the daytime lights run off the highbeams at 1/2 brightness so that theory can be dismissed ,thanks for your time and your service to our country.