tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I have a2012 outback with 31,000 miles on it and it has

Customer Question

I have a2012 outback with 31,000 miles on it and it has developed a problem - all the lights on the dash go on(brake, check your engine, cruise,, etc.) as I am driving. So far in the last three months it has happened three times. Fortunately it happens just inside the gate to my community and 2 miles from a reliable service franchise company and they happily make the necessary adjustment and the lights go off. Today I left the car at the garage and after they checked it out and found nothing wrong they suggested that contacting subaru might be the best route as there might be problem with the car's computer or master cylinder that subaru could correct. So what do you think is wrong?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 11 months ago.

Hi,there are many things that cause the problem but I think the garage may not have the necessary equipment to read failure codes ,the computer stores the codes in memory they may not be able to read them.I suggest a trip to the dealer hoping they can retrieve the memory codes. and help pinpoint the problem.I should also mention the vehicle is safe to drive while these light are on,the only time you should not drive the vehicle is if the check engine light is flashing,the other lamps come on to warn you that these systems will not operate until the check engine lamp is repaired.Thanks for your time.