Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

My 2009 only averages about 18 mpg thought maybe a fuel

Customer Question

My 2009 only averages about 18 mpg thought maybe a fuel filter change but it say only filter is in tank
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the amount of miles you have on the engine you are due for new spark plugs if they have not been changed already. I would also consider having the fuel injector professionally cleaned as well. Last but not least, make sure the engine temp is reaching the normal range. If for some reason the thermostat is slow to respond ot hanging open it can cause the engine to run cooler then it should and this can cause a drop in fuel economy as well.