tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

The retractable door on the console storage bin won't open.

Customer Question

The retractable door on the console storage bin won't open. Can I open it with out damage?2015 Subaru Outback
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,the best advice I can give without damaging the console is to use plastic knives to pry door open while you are pushing on it.In my world they make tools out of plastic that are designed to wedge things open or remove trim pieces without damaging other interior pieces,because these tools are not readily available to you the closest thing would be heavy duty plastic cutlery,I would use the knife to wedge in between openings on the side and bottom to hopefully pry open.if this fails to work the tools I mentioned are available at most auto parts stores.Thanks for your time and good luck.