Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

I'm working on a 95 Subaru Legacy.The heater won't blow out

Customer Question

Hello,I'm working on a 95 Subaru Legacy.The heater won't blow out the front vents.Part of the linkage for the blend door actuator broke off.I was wondering how I can replace this part.Thank you.
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any suggestions?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately replacing the part is not going to be the real issue, the real issue is likely going to be able to find a new one. Due to the age of the car its likely going to be a problem trying to find a new unit. You are best served trying to locate a salvage unit and see if you can get the linkage you need off of it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay,how do you replace the linkage?It broke off on the end.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send you a picture of the piece if you would like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The linkage is for the blend door where heat blows out the front vents.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Yes send me a picture of the link and I see if I can help you with replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to send the picture,but its not working.I seen someone else asked a similar question on JustAnswer before,and the expert posted a diagram, and it was number 3 on the diagram.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

I do not have access to that diagram, you can post picture by using the paper clip in the tool bar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to find the paper clip.I'll get back to you when I find it.Thanks.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Look up at the left top of the box we are typing in and you will see it in the tool bar.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it sent,but I'm not sure.Im using a smart phone,and my service isn't very good.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

It did not send and using your phone is the problem, to get this done you need to be on a PC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the pictures?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you getting my messages?
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

If you can fish the broken piece off of the door it mounts to the new piece should slide right back on. Are you able to get the broken piece out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure.Its pretty tight in there,but I'll try.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Give it a shot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying to help me,but that piece would not come out.I had to remove the dash,and there is two small tabs on that link where it goes in to the blend door. You have to squeeze these tabs so that link will come out.I would like a refund.Thanks.