tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I have a 98 subaru legacy outback. I pulled the battery to

Customer Question

Hi Mike,
I have a 98 subaru legacy outback. I pulled the battery to clean some corrosion and have the battery tested. While the battery was out i put in new bulbs. Put the battery back in and immediately a very regular 'click-clock' sound started and is coming from the area of the fuse box whether the car is on or off. While the clicking is happening the instrument lights flash on and off with the click. Just details that may or may not be helpful...The drivers window switch is stuck and the radio wont turn on any more.
Thanks for any help!
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi if you have the remote for keyless entry just hold down lock button to disable the clicking noise with the instrument light flashing, if you do not have the remote you will need to turn the ignition to on (all lights on dash) and you wil need to locate the reset switch which is located under the dash on the drives side usually above where you left foot, once found press once to stop the clicking.The power window and clock are a different problem take care of the first concern and we will try to correct the window and radio, thanks