Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

2005 Outback. Hatch won't open with remote or with unlock

Customer Question

2005 Outback. Hatch won't open with remote or with unlock switch. No sound either from lock when you try to unlatch. Can you access lock from inside car?
Thanks, Mark
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mark you can access the latch from inside the car by removing the panel but can you tell me if the rear gate handle is moving freely or is it binding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tamaz,I figured that part out. Wires are broken in the hatch to body area so I have the harness out and will repair and replace it. I am quite sure this will solve the problem.Thanks,
Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The other problem is a long term CEL. I had hoped it was like the earlier car, a fuel filler problem but I see it is clean and not rusted through, nor any wiring in that area as my friend had a problem with. I don't have the codes at the moment, not that they were specific enough to solve this issue. My son drives this car and heads back to Michigan from NY on Monday so I won't get a chance until Christmas to look at it again.Thanks again,
Mark
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mark,when you have the code let me know and I'll give you as much help as I can,thanks.