Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

I have a 2012 Subaru outback, after replace battery, brake

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2012 Subaru outback, after replace battery, brake light flashing, abs and trac light come on, has engine code c0073, c0071, c0074. What will that cost the light on?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Start by checking SBF #5 in the fuse box under the hood. If this fusible link is good, then check fuse #33. This should be in the fuse box inside the car.

Also, check and see if the brake lights are working.

If any of the fuses are bad, replace and recheck. This is the only thing that would happen because you replaced the battery unless it shorted out the abs control module.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, before I install the battery and I have put computer memory saver before disconnected the battery, I have a friend has 2011 Subaru forester has the same problem too. Do I have to put a new VDCM in? I have check all the fuses and brake lights o.k
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

It does sound like there may be damage to the control module.

If you have a test light we can check the power feeds to the module to make sure the wiring is ok.

The battery saver shouldn't make any difference at all to be honest.