Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

1999 subaru liberty/legacy sedan air cleaner gasket appears

Customer Question

1999 subaru liberty/legacy sedan air cleaner gasket appears to have melted and dripped onto hot engine.replaced air cleaner at local mechanics who had never seen anything of this nature before.The replaced air cleaner appears to have done the same and gasket is melting have had the car for over ten years and never had the problem till recently.Is this a common problem or is the air filter manufacture of an inferior quality to previous genuine filters
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

when you say gasket, do you mean the seal around the edge of the square air panel filter ?

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.