peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My suv is cutting out real bad I just purchased it in Fed

Customer Question

my suv is cutting out real bad I just purchased it in Fed 2015. what could be the problem we are senior adults and want to have an idea of what it is some mechanics will just rip us off. thanks for any help Faye D Watson(###) ###-####Cordele Georgia
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One common component to cause this issue here is a fault with the crank position sensor itself.If this sensor is sending false rpm readings or cutting out the rpm signals to the ignition components and computer this issue here occurs.I would first have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set using a scan tool that will connect to your vehicle.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed first to locate and repair the fault here.If no codes are set the scan tool can be used to check the rpm signal when the fault occurs (which will involve allowing the shop or facility to drive the vehicle to see it act up to check this signal) to see if the crank sensor needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.