tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I just put a down payment on a 2012 subaru impress

Customer Question

Hi I just put a down payment on a 2012 subaru impress premium...I am now reading about oil leaks..bad noise..bad radio..not sure I'm doing the right thing..please help...Joe
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joe ,how many miles and are you aware if it has been maintained?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20000 maintained by an elderly gentleman.. Kept up maintenance..I did not get a car fax
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

The things you are worried about I cannot agree with,the engine is a bit noisy but not uncommon for a chain driven engine, oil leaks I've seen a few but nothing to worry about and the balance of the powertrain warranty is still good till 60k or 2017,the radio if you are a enthusiast is about the only thing I may agree with ,the sound is not the best, ***** *****'s comparable with most sedans in it's pricing.As long as the vehicle has been maintained and you plan to maintain it also this car will be good to you.