Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Brakes stuck on 2004 forester will not move calipers locked

Customer Question

brakes stuck on 2004 forester will not move calipers locked what causes this
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Open the bleeder screw on the locked up calipers. If the caliper will not release the pressure on the brake pads then the caliper piston has seized. Possible causes for that are old worn out brake fluid that should of been flushed prior or the incorrect pads are used and they are getting to hot and transferring that heat to the calipers. If the calipers do let go with the bleeder open then suspect a master cylinder or ABS hydraulic control unit issue holding pressure to the caliper when not needed.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.