Roger, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Automotive Technicianl
88470418

I recently had my transmission rebuilt by Aamco. Now the

Customer Question

I recently had my transmission rebuilt by Aamco. Now the airbag light is on and the horn does not work. They also did work on the rack and pinion steering. I feel they upset something when doing this work so that now my horn does not work and the airbag light is on. Do you agree?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! It sounds like they damaged the clockspring when installing the rack and pinion assembly. When installing a steering gear you have to keep the steering wheel from turning, if you don't the steering wheel can over - extend, breaking the clockspring (also called spiral cable) causing the horn to not work, air bag lights, etc. I would say it's extremely likely it was damaged during the steering gear replacement. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in on what's going on with your vehicle. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you! I