Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Getting a modulation between 45 and 70 MPH in all wheel

Customer Question

Getting a modulation between 45 and 70 MPH in all wheel Tribeca after running over a curb
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Was the tire shop (or wherever the wheels were balanced) able to check for a bent rim?

The Tribeca is pretty solid in the suspension, so it's not likely that something other than a rim could have bent unless it was a really hard hit.

Is there a grumbling noise as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just a sound like ghoul hear when a title has a bad belt or cord issue, but tires were rotated and checked out for broken belt etc. they seem to think its something to do with the drive train or trans axel or transmission , is this possible ?
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It's possible, but not likely. An alignment would have shown a bent suspension part, and bending an axle on this vehicle is not possible without bending suspension parts first. That's the whole idea behind independent suspension.

I would have a different tire shop check the wheels and tires.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need additional information. Don't forget to give a positive rating (that's how they pay us).