Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

We just bought a used 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti on Oct

Customer Question

We just bought a used 2012 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti on Oct 1/2015 from a used car dealer. We drove it one day and all the dash lights illuminated including the cruise light, check engine light, traction control and S was flashing. Took it back to dealer for diagnostic. Nothing wrong they say. They reset the sensors and sent us home. After 1.5 hours of driving it it happened again! And when it does the turbo cannot be used nor can you change from all wheel to rear wheel etc.
we are getting very frustrated and the dealer is saying they think it's the "way the car is being driven". It is my son's car and I drove with him last night and was in the car when the lights all came on. He was not driving it any differently than I would other than accerating fast while merging onto the highway. We are extremely frustrated and feel we are getting the run around from the dealer we bought the car from. They also asked if we are using premium fuel and yes we are.
Can you please please advise us as to what you think is wrong and what we should do about it.
Thanks!!!!!
DL
Category: Subaru
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

how long ago did you my the car