Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

92 svx turnThe key on an the gagged start jumping around an

Customer Question

92 svx turnThe key on an the gagged start jumping around an there's a buzzing sound an the car can't start any idea where the short is or is one of those sensors ? Thanks mike of Napa ca.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike

I would start with a jump start. If the battery is weak you may experience this and the starter relay may make a buzzing type of noise. Your battery can have enough voltage to work things that only use volts, but the starter needs amperage to actually crank the engine. Leave the donor car attached to it for 15 minutes, then try to start the car and see if anything has improved. Please try this and let me know.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?