Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

I have a Subaru Forester XT MY06 which is giving a false gh

Customer Question

Hello Kevin, I have a Subaru Forester XT MY06 which is giving a false high throttle position reading 60-70% regardless of actual throttle position.
Sounds to me like a faulty sensor, poor supply voltage or bad connection. When I plug out the connector at the tb the reading goes to 100%
Category: Subaru
Expert:  carlosbosch replied 1 year ago.

Hi,you need to perform a basic setting for the throttle for this job use a scan tool and the problem will be solved it's a software failure the ecu need to learn via the basic setting .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been using the Torque app with a Bluetooth OBDII reader to read and clear the fault codes and check the throttle position.Can I use this to fix the issue?I originally had P2109 and P0638 codes with a high throttle position, cleaned all the connectors and cleared the codes. Throttle position bounced around and then went back high and now have a P2135 code.

Possible fault related to the P2135 are the following

Faulty electric throttle control actuator (TP sensor 1 and 2)
- Throttle Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Position Sensor circuit poor connection

- Faulty accelerator pedal sensor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you think it is not a software failure in the ECU anymore?I would like to test the input and output voltages at the throttle body connector but I don't know what each colour wire should be.Do you have a wiring diagram for this?Thanks

ok you find in the attachment the wiring of your car good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carlos,
Do you have any more wiring diagrams for the drive by wire system? The throttle body itself is not on that diagram
Thank you