Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

2008 subaru radio some times it work sometimes it doent

Customer Question

2008 subaru radio some times it work sometimes it doent fuses are good
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

When the radio won't work, is it still getting power and turning on or nothing at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sometimes it works somee times it does both frues are good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you shut the car off and then it comes back on for about 20 sec thenn goes out
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

I understand and here's the deal. If the radio comes on but there isn't any sound this means the radio has power. If it has power and doesn't work, then the radio itself is bad.

If there isn't any power at times, the radio could still be bad, however there is a possibility that there is a loose power feed to the radio since the fuses are good.

It sounds like the unit itself is failing internally with the added info you sent me.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when it comes on it works fine sounds ok
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Well the key here is that when it comes on. This indicates a likely issue to me inside the radio. Since the fuses are good, if you have a test light you could pull the radio and make sure the wires are secure and have power. I can tell you which wires to check, but from here it sounds like you will need to replace the unit to solve the problem.