FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2013 outback subaru 2.5l. 40,500 miles. Doing 75 on ghway.

Customer Question

2013 outback subaru 2.5l. 40,500 miles. Doing 75 on highway. At temp oil light came on flashing non stop. Pulled in to the gas station. Would not go into park. Shifter stuck in drive or nutreal. Also the cruise stoped working and turn signal. Break lights work. Shift solenoid switch or shift solenoid or something else? Thanks.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. Is the check engine light coming on also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have never answered my question. I was charged.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry. I was unable to get back online yesterday. Most of the time this is caused by a circuit issue within the transmission. It can be a failure in the transmission temperature sensor but most of the time it is the harness. Is the vehicle still under warranty?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you accounted for the other issues?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

A wiring issue within the transmission would cause all of these issues except for the turn signal. If the battery is failing or if the connections at the battery are failing or dirty then this can happen also if there is a lack of voltage in the system.