tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Our Subaru Forester 2009 has a problem with a lot of water

Customer Question

Hi, our Subaru Forester 2009 has a problem with a lot of water on the floor in front of the rear passenger seat. And only here. There are no visible signs of water inside the car. No sunroof. It is dripping water from the small holes in the channel beneath the car.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Please remember that whatever money you paid, or if you have a subscription, the money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. It involves a software update for the vehicle’s computer and has to be done by a dealer, I hate to have to say.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xaciiusnizdcs79/Forester%20bulletin.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks, ***** ***** that before on the net. The situation is that this water appears on the floor of the rear passenger seat (the back seat) on the right side, not at the front seat....
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. That is all the information that I have on it, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,I've had a problem similar to this and what I found was the vapor shield between the door panel and door was not installed correctly allowing water to spill over into the car.All doors are designed to take in water,that plastic shield is the only thing preventing water from exiting the door itself,I see they checked the glass but unsure if this vapor shield was inspected.It sounds like the drains are free so this is the next thing to inspect.Thanks for your time and patience.

Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,did you have the vapor shield checked yet?