tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

2003 Subaru Outback H6 3.0 wagon, engine light came on,

Customer Question

2003 Subaru Outback H6 3.0 wagon, engine light came on, dealer said it was one of 24 engine sensors that went bad, needed replacement. Found advice on web about replacing the pair (two sensors) as the 2nd likely to go next, but shop said no, it will be fine. A few months later engine light came on, worried it is sensor #2, and next year sensor #3, then #4. Part is only ~ $75 but installation $1000! Car will not pass smog test with Engine light on. Advice?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,do you know the code? My guess is that it's a code related to the converters but I can't be sure,Is the car running good other than the light being on ? Thanks,I'll await your reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An answer is not asking additional questions. Subarus have certain problems (overheating gasket leaks, cracked O2 sensors) that call for attention; garages like to replace parts until the 'problem' goes away.
Thanks for trying, no help to me. James