Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

My son has a 1992 Subaru legacy auto that recently has

Customer Question

my son has a 1992 Subaru legacy auto that recently has started dying while he is driving it. He can start it right up and he says all his dash lights come on when it dies. Am I looking at electrical or fuel?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

A couple of things that ca cause the engine to stall can be either a dirty MAF (mass air flow) sensor and or a dirty and sludged up throttle body. I would have him try taking some MAF cleaner and give the MAF sensor a good cleaning and take some carb cleaner and give the throttle body and good cleaning at the same time. Before he does this have him make sure to disconnect the negative battery cable . After the cleaning is complete, reconnect the cable and see if the problem is resolved. Give this a try and post back if need be.