Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My heater/ac fan fan will not come on at all on my Subaru

Customer Question

my heater/ac fan fan will not come on at all on my Subaru forester 2006 ac light will not come on either
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like either the blower motor has gone out, or the ac control head has gone out. Here is the procedure to diagnose the AC blower:

1. Check the 15 amp fuse number 27. The blower motor circuit goes through 15 amp fuses 27 and 28 in parallel to total 30 amps.

2. With the blower motor, resistor and relay unplugged check the Brown wire for continuity to ground and repair the short to ground if there is continuity.

3. Ground the blower motor through an ammeter and verify that the blower motor current draw is not too high for the 30 amp circuit.

If the control head is bad it is tougher to diagnose and will likely just need to be replaced.

Also, does the rear defrost light work? If it doesn't, check fuse #22. It controls the rear defrost, the ac control head, and the blower. If that fuse is bad you will need to check the AC compressor clutch as it is probably the cause of the blown fuse.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check in and see if you needed any additional information. I hope that I have been of some assistance and would appreciate a positive rating if I have.

Thanks!