Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

198I GL runs great then I stop after driving 30 minutes and

Customer Question

198I GL runs great then I stop after driving 30 minutes and it will not restart.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs as well as good fuel pressure and engine compression. If you can check each one of these hing and post back with which one you are lacking I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The starter will not spin when it's hot but when I had it t checked the shop could not find the problem.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Okay when it will not crank take you 12 volt test light and see if you have power into the ignition switch on the white power wire and with the key in the crank position see if you have power out on the black/yellow wire to the inhibit switch. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is power everything else works the lights ac wipers it just does not turn over
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.

Okay then check and see if you have key on cranking power out in and out of the inhibit switch and if so then check and see if you have power at the starter on both the large battery cable and the smaller black/white crank wire.