FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Just read your website, so will go to auto zone tomorrow to

Customer Question

Just read your website, so will go to auto zone tomorrow to get car checked out. The engine light, no- skidding tires light, and cruise light are all flashing. I was very low on oil, so I put 3 quarts in, but those three lights are still flashing.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. If you can go and get the computer scanned for codes and bring them to me it will help. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to respond. If the engine was that low on oil it will definitely cause come engine codes, so hopefully that is all that it was and you can reset the light while at autozone and see if the codes return. Either way bring them to me so we can see what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bobby, from Autozone, the codes are P0026 and P0028: intake valve control solenoid unit. My concern is that I'm on a*****back home, and I don't know how safe/unsafe this issue is. Can I drive 1000 miles on this, or does it need immediate attention?I'll drive straight to my Subaru guy, but that's 1000 miles from here!Hitting the road, and awaiting your reply! Thanks much.
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

do you still require assistance?

Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for getting those. I am sorry that it took so long to reply. Since the oil was that low it can cause these codes. I would clear the codes and see if they come back. Is the car running fine?