Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Subaru Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Subaru Diagnostics
18617752

My 2008 Subaru impreza there is light indicator in my

Customer Question

My 2008 Subaru impreza there is light indicator in my dashboard that my tires need air. I do check the tire pressure and they are all ok.34psi. Is also part of the problem with my computer module when I replace the battery. I will try to drive the car
70 to 100 miles to reboot the system. I'm only wondering if this tire indicator light will reset.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Replacing the battery very well may have reset the tire pressure system. Driving the vehicle may not be enough to reset the system. If the light is still on after the drive cycle, then the system will need to be reset. This will require the use of a scan-tool that can interact with the monitoring system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the light is still on after the drive cycle, can I use my OBD II to rest
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

If your OBD II tool is only a "code reader" then, no. The scan-tool needed would need to interact with the system. There would be a menu option for it on the main screen of the scan tool.