FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

98 Forrester, Air Bag light on all the time, no airbag error

Customer Question

Hi Kevin, 98 Forrester, Air Bag light on all the time, no airbag error code, I pressed together the connectors under the seat. What do you think?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me if you used a generic or factory scan tool to try and pull air bag codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin, My mechanic scanned my Subaru and said I did not have any error codes related to the air bag. A recent scan did show us, I have a problem with the motor speed controller and one for I believe the egr
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If there are no codes in the module then the module itself may be faulty. The shops scan tool may also not have the correct programming to communicate with this module. Most of the time on this vehicle this is caused by a faulty clock spring in the column.