George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15 + Years
13574682

By mistake I poured about a pint of motor oil into the

Customer Question

By mistake I poured about a pint of motor oil into the windshield wash tube of my 2013 Outback. How can I empty the wash reservor?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

As long as you have not run the washers this is not too bad. Once you get the reservoir out fill it with hot soapy water to flush the oil ou. I use Tide powder and it works well

You can probably clean it in place by just pulling the front of the fender liner back and pulling the washer pump out of the grommet in the reservoir then plug the hole and fill with hot soapy water. Agitate and repeat a couple of times. In case you want to remove the whole thing the bumper cover will need to come off. Click here for reservoir procedure

Let me know what I can do to help you with your questions

Thank you