FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

When clutch is slowly released when car is idling; I get a

Customer Question

When clutch is slowly released when car is idling; I get a noise that sounds like metal
from under right side of drivers seat. Just had new muffler and resonator parts installed.
The noise and very slight vibration was there before muffler & etc. installed.
It does not happen when car is in motion. New clutch installed few months ago.
Car is 2001 Outback 4 cyl Limited with 138,000 miles.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if it goes away as soon as the clutch is fully released?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it goes away. As I release the clutch with about 1-2 inches of pedal travel there is this noise [( like a ra-a-tat -tat) for a split second,all with what seems to be a slight vibration by drivers seat on right side of seat]; than all goes away before clutch is fully engaged.
Mainly happens only in 1st gear when car is at idle when car starts to move slowly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. It sounds like the clutch release bearing is failing. If you had a clutch done a few months ago then you should have a warranty on it.